Friday, June 22, 2012

Sky shot/ New at Lodge/Rant 6/24/10



This was the Iowa Sky over Boone yesterday. I forgot to pull it off the camera. I took it after the Home Board Meeting.

We have something new at the Lodge. Here is the dedicatory plaque. Those of us who have our names on it were not expecting it and are very honored that they did this. You can click on it to enbiggen it to read it better. (If you are interested.
It will be under the glass top (still to be delivered) for this beautiful Amanahand-made table which the York Rite purchased for the Lodge. It has 10 chairs and was delivered today.
The book ends on the middle of the table are made to look like the top of the Leaning Tower.
It is a beautiful addition to our Temple and the York Rite is owed a great big thanks for donating it. Once again this shows how much the appendantbodies that meet in our Temple contribute to our building.
And we have a new Master Mason. This Brother received an excellent degree tonight. Peace and harmony prevailed throughout the meeting and everyone did a wonderful job. I enjoyed being a sideliner.
Steven had BBQ sandwiches for the lunch after. I did not eat as I was still full from the sandwich I had and I don't need the extra weight but I enjoyed the conversation.

Yesterday on the way to Boone I caught a whiff of Pepe le Pugh. Skunk smell along the side of the road brought back memories. I don't mind it when it is a light smell - heavy is different. I kind of liked it.

Some other skunk smells are not so great. That is the skunk smell of individuals who go behind your back and stab you in it. I can understand people who get their feelings hurt and who leave a place or a group of people who they don't get along with for one reason or another.

I used to belong to another Lodge and was made to feel very uncomfortable there. An individual who was one of the ones who drove me away e-mailed me the other day and wanted to know where I was and why I had not been down. Now I haven't been there for a year and a half. A friend of mine is the Master and I like him but the other individual is not my friend. He disrespected me and then apologized to me and I did accept the apology. It does not mean that I like the person nor will I forget. So when I got his e-mail asking me to come back down. I responded that I did not feel comfortable there. And I don't. I was hurt there and I won't go back. It is too bad but I can see most of the people I knew there elsewhere. There is one Brother in particular that I don't see elsewhere and I do miss him but he sends me great e-mail and I guess that is my loss.

But I won't put myself in the position to be hurt again. I just won't. Masonry is a large enough organization that you do not have to be in a Lodge where you do not feel comfortable.

If you want to do something different you can start another Lodge. We started another Lodge in Des Moines and I enjoy it very much (most of the time). A group of Arcadia Brothers are thinking of starting a new Lodge here in Ames. I am not sure exactly why but I have a feeling that the motives are not the same as ours were. I wish them well. I think they may be doing it for the wrong reasons and that bothers me but I am not going to loose sleep over it. The Brothers who stay in Arcadia will continue and they will enjoy the good fellowship that is to be had there. Those who leave will enjoy their association together and I hope they enjoy each others company. However if their purpose is to hurt Arcadia, rest assured that won't happen. Arcadia is a strong Lodge and will continue to be strong.

Our Worshipful Master is one of the best Masons I know and I have watched him do really nice things over the years I have known him. I remember he used to bring a Brother from Story City down to meetings. The Brother was in a nursing home and Dave would pick him up and bring him to Lodge and then take him home. I have a great respect for him not only as a Mason but also as a good person. I am happy with him and I enjoy being a member of Arcadia. I was Master 30 years ago. I liked it then and I like it now.

No comments: