Saturday, June 23, 2012

Thoughts on the Red Cross of Constantine Meetings. 6/2/12


Thoughts on the Red Cross of Constantine Meetings.

 I am really enjoying myself.  I enjoyed the drive across country.  I know I should probably have stopped places but I didn't want to shop and I was just enjoying watching the countryside.  I even enjoyed the freeway driving.  Usually I will take side roads.

Waiting for dinner
Buffet tonight - Delicious
The Hotel here is delightful.  The staff has been accommodating and very helpful.  I take two chairs and stack them so that I can get up and down more easily.  That has helped.  The meetings have been short and I have enjoyed all of the meals.  I had people from South Dakota, Georgia, California, New Hampshire and Ohio at my table tonight. It is a lot of fun to visit with people from all over the country and get to know them.  I was not able to come last year but I have seen a lot of people that I knew from previous meetings.  There is a group here from Italy.  They come every year and have since I started coming.  The Intendent Genreals from Nebraska and Minnesota are here and I always enjoy visiting with them.

 There is one more day to the meetings.  Saturday will be the last business session and then the Dress-up banquet and entertainment in the evening.  Sunday I start back.  I will drive back as quickly as I can as I have work to do when I get back.  It should be a good trip. I will be glad to get back to my dog and cat and home and the recliner so I can put my legs up and enjoy catching up on all the blogs and my soap opera.. Although to be honest I did see the Soap yesterday and I don't think I missed much. Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs,

No comments: