Monday, June 18, 2012

A New Ring - 7/4/08


Tim Bonney's Post at his Blog (Now deleted) on Masonic rings made me want to share with you this picture of my new Masonic ring. As far as I know it is the only Past Grand High Priest ring in the state and thus it is unique.

At the All Masonic Picnic Wade Sheeler brought the ring over to me as a gift from our senior Past Grand High Priest, Bob Kilfoil. He and his wife Mary are moving into a retirement center and he was disposing of things. He wanted me to have it and I feel humbled and honored to have been chosen to receive it. Bob was the first Grand High Priest (1972-73) whose Convocation I attended. I have great memories of that meeting including a free meal he got out of the Grand High Priest for all attendees. (It was at that meeting that Jerry Marsengil became a Fellow of the Philalathes Society.) Bob and Mary are two of my favorite people and over the years I have grown to love as well as respect them.

Bob got the ring from Ross Camblin one of Iowa's "Grand Old Men of Masonry." Inside the name Henry H. Dean was engraved. He was Grand High Priest in 1937-38. As far as I know he wore it, then Bob wore it and now I will wear it.

The picture is not very good but was the best I could do with my little camera. The stone is engraved in the shape of a Keystone with P.G.H.P. across the top and Iowa on the bottom. In the middle is the emblem of emblems of the Royal Arch. The Triple Tau within the triangle within the circle. It has a lot of meaning to me and I am proud to wear it. Eventually it will go to a future Grand High Priest who is in my will to receive all my Masonic collection so I know it will be in good hands.

1 comment:

Lookingforlight said...

I don't know how to say this but I am looking to contact jerry marsengill. I found somethings on the internet posted as false witness to the free masons..... I ran across this googling my grandfather who is now passed... To better explain it has been a sort of family secret that my grandfather was a free mason. I don't what branch nor further details such as rank an etc. ... That's what I'm looking to find out. I was very close to my grandfather and I thirst for enlightenment...... My grandfathers name although has roots that sir marsengill I think claimed false. Saladin with middle eastern roots and Richard is king of England. My grandfather was Richard Harold Saladin. Please contact me. I am his grand daughter Stephanie. Stephaniej.jackson714@gmail.com. I hope you find it in hEart and servitude to can't act me and bring me out of this darkness thank you